BREINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Meeting held on 11th December 2019
Present: Anthony Powers (Chairman), Tony Geeson, Lorraine Lewis, Keith Ray
In attendance: John Wade (Footpaths Officer), Rob North (Reverend), Ward Councillor Bob Matthews, 1 member of public and Emily Godsall (Clerk).
- Apologies for
- Jackie Morris & Liz Morawiecka
- Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.
- Tony Geeson declared an interest regarding the donation to St Michael’s Church and would not participate in any discussion of this item nor vote on it.
- Minutes of meeting 13th November, Action Points &
- Minutes agreed and signed
- Cllrs discussed the Dropbox upgrade. The Chairman proposed not to purchase further space for now, Keith seconded, and proposal was agreed unanimously.
- Clerk’s Report
- Cllrs approved the following payments without discussion:
- British Legion Donation £30.00
- St Michael’s Church Donation £1000.00
- Jackie Morris Reimbursement £83.79
- Rob North Reimbursement £390.00
- HMRC £214.604
- Clerk’s salary £286.16
- Village Hall £18.00
- Cllrs signed cheques and initialled
invoices and bank statements to verify amounts reported.
- The Chairman thanked Preb. Rob North for all his excellent work as Rector of Breinton over the years and wished him the best for his retirement.
- Clerk delivered the financial report for November.
- Cllrs signed the online banking forms.
- Cllrs were updated on Mike Gill’s weekly briefings.
- Other Reports
Ward Cllr Bob Matthews
Matthews informed the Cllrs of his upcoming meeting with Cllr John Harrington
and Maraid Lane to discuss infrastructure problems and will provide an update
on the meeting events.
- Cllrs were updated on various issues including the potential health side effects surrounding 5G network and the Kings Acre Road cycle way progression.
- Cllrs were updated with the latest
- A police presence was agreed to be requested for the February meeting.
- The manure heap still remains on the footpath BT16. Lorraine and John Wade (Footpaths Officer) to notify landowner.
6.5 The next committee meeting is in January 2020.
6.6 No report.
6.7 A member of the public raised concerns regarding a large Ash Tree outside Breinton Lee, which will consequently be inspected.
- Report from Herefordshire
Green Network meeting
- Chairman gave a report from the ‘Great Collaboration’ meeting on 18th November for parishes recognising climate emergency, at which an encouraging number of parishes were represented. He reminded councillors of the information from HGN sent by email, which he had also sent to those residents who had promoted Breinton’s declaration. HGN will offer further opportunities to discuss the implications of becoming a carbon zero community with local experts.
Consultations Affecting Breinton
& Amenities Working Group
- Cllrs have already made comments on the proofs provided by Shelley Signs with necessary amendments.
- Running water on C1189 opposite Lower House south to junction with C1190: Lengthsman and Mike Gill (Locality Steward) to be informed of ongoing problem.
- The meeting was updated on the recent planning decisions.
- Cllrs Matthews updated the Cllrs on the situation with current planning application 193578 Banbh Farm Breinton.
- Cllrs discussed the correspondence received since the last meeting.
- Keith advertised the 250th Herefordshire Archaeology Walk on 15th January 2020
- Items for
- Iain Carter (National Trust manager, Breinton Springs) to attend
Signed ………………………………. Date ……………………………..
Date of next Meeting: 15th January 2020
|Breinton Parish Council – Precept calculations for 2020/21 – Mtg 13th November|
|Figures in last years a/cs – to March 2019||As agreed at meeting December 2018||Spent/received so far this year, April – Aug 2019||Estimated expenditure/income for the current year – April 2019to March 2020||Estimated expenditure/income in the year April 2019 to March 2020.|
|ITEM||ACCOUNTS||BUDGET||ACTUAL SPEND||ESTIMATED TOTAL SPEND||SUGGESTED BUDGET|
|Payments||1/4/18 – 31/3/19||2019/20||1/4/19-31/8/20||1/4/19 – 31/3/20||1/4/20 – 31/3/21|
|Clerk’s salary (& PAYE)||4026.81||4240.00||1788.80||4293.03||4300.00|
|Chairman’s All’ce + expenses||21.30||75.00||40.00||50.00|
|Capital (laptop, projector, noticeboards)||1650.00||300.00||300.00|
|Website / laptop mtce etc||627.22||400.00||96.99||650.00||430.00|
|Income||1/4/18 – 31/3/19||Budget 2019/20||1/4/19 – 31/8/20||Est. Total income||Est total income|
|1/4/19 – 31/3/20||1/4/20 – 31/3/21|
|Est Income – 2020/21||£13,397.00|
|Est expenditure – 2020/21||£11,885.00|