BREINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Meeting held on 12th December 2018
Present: Tony Geeson, Liz Morawiecka, Lorraine Lewis, Anthony Powers, Keith Ray, Jackie Morris.
In attendance: 1 member of public; 2 applicants for the role of clerk; Graeme Adkin (Clerk).
1. Presentation by Keith Ray
1.1 Keith gave a presentation about the excavations carried out at Breinton House. Another 2 members of the public attended for this item, leaving before the meeting continued.
2. Apologies for absence
2.1 Ward Cllr Bob Matthews
3. Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.
3.1 None declared.
4. Minutes of meeting 14th November, and matters arising
4.1 Minutes agreed and signed by Tony.
5. Clerk’s report, including bills to pay
5.1 Clerk advised bank statements not received on time to prepare updated financial statement for this meeting.
5.2 Cllrs approved the following payments:-
Hfd Community Farm (f’wrks – agreed Nov) £20.00
M Terry (f’wrks – agreed Nov) £20.00
Nepeta (set up email, includes mtg) £203.69
Village Hall (Nov mtg) £18.00 Lengthsman (footpath gate, strim around bench) £238.20 Reimburse clerk – *Vacancy advert – £320.40 )
* *email account – £35.94 ) £356.34
Clerk salary – as agreed by Cllrs HMRC (PAYE) £140.80
5.2 Cllrs signed cheques and initialled invoices to verify amounts reported.
5.3 Clerk updated Cllrs on a number of matters. Clerk to follow up on some issues.
6. Other Reports
Ward Cllr Bob Matthews
6.1 Nothing to report.
6.2 Nothing to report.
6.3 Clerk advised that landowner has agreed to installation of a stile, as long as there is a dog hatch. Clerk to follow up.
6.4 VH have requested more PC noticeboards on KAR. New clerk to follow up.
6.5 The walk led by Nicky Geeson, went well. Feedback from attendees was extremely good.
6.6 TPOs – clerk to get current situation.
7 Clerk vacancy
7.1 Cllrs currently sifting applications to identify interviewees.
8.1 Tony provided a brief report on the latest situation.
9.1 Cllrs considered the additional cost of training the new clerk, and decided to fund this cost by a combination of an increase in precept and to be met from existing funds. With the deficit from the most recent calculations, this increased the precept from 2018/19 by £900.
9.2 Clerk to advise HC.
10 Consultations affecting Breinton
10.1 Cllrs agreed to consider Stretton Sugwas NDP (Reg 14) before the January meeting, and to provide feedback for a decision to be made about this consultation.
11 Environment and Amenities Working Group
11.1 Clerk advised that an amount of £500 has been received from a donor to extend the excavations around Breinton House / Breinton Springs area.
11.2 Tony advised that HALC wont be promoting speed restrictions on a county-wide basis, but will leave it up to individual parishes to campaign separately. Tony will continue in this respect.
12.1 Clerk to write to landowners to clear ditches of hedge trimmings etc, to avoid blockages which leads to flooding etc. Copy to Mike Gill.
12.2 Warham Lane work to attend.
13.1 Cllrs commented on each of the planning applications as follows: –
13.2 Taynish, 183993 – no comment.
13.3 Breinton Leyse, 184046 – parish council to be consulted before road naming. Specifically, a condition to effect that not to have a change of use of garage to a dwelling in future.
13.4 Gladstock, 184231 – no comment.
14.1 Clerk to circulate items of correspondence as requested by Cllrs.
14.2 Clerk to request bus timetable for Teamtalk.
14.3 Clerk to seek clarification from Gigaclear
15 Items for next agenda
15.1 Stretton Sugwas NDP.
15.2 Various payments.
Light refreshments were served after the meeting.
Signed ………………………………. Date ………………….
Date of next Meeting – 16th January 2019