BREINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Meeting held on 14th November 2018
Present: Tony Geeson, Liz Morawiecka, Lorraine Lewis, Anthony Powers, Keith Ray
In attendance: Ward Cllr Bob Matthews, John Wade (Footpaths Officer), Graeme Adkin (Clerk).
1. Apologies for absence
1.1 Jackie Morris.
2. Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.
2.1 None declared.
3. Minutes of meeting 17th October, and matters arising
3.1 Minutes agreed and signed by Tony.
3.2 No further action needed regarding Gigaclear at this stage.
3.3 No further action needed by BPC regarding a memorial at this stage.
4. Clerk’s report, including bills to pay
4.1 Clerk provided details of recent transactions, and the bank balance as at 5th November.
4.2 Cllrs approved the following payments:-
Village Hall £36.00
Reimburse cost of fireworks etc £458.25
Clerk salary as agreed by Cllrs
4.3 Cllrs signed cheques, initialled invoices and bank statements to verify amounts reported.
4.4 Clerk reported works completed by Balfour Beatty.
4.5 Clerk advised that Nepeta have set up BPC email account.
4.6 It appears that Balfour Beatty are doing repair works to potholes within the parish.
5. Other Reports
Ward Cllr Bob Matthews
5.1 Bob updated Cllrs on a number of matters.
5.2 Clerk advised that updates are put onto the West Mercia police website. No mention of Breinton in the last 6 weeks or so.
5.3 John advised of issues with gates on BT16 and BT2. Clerk to follow up with lengthsman and landowner.
5.5 Clerk to request VH committee meeting minutes to be sent directly to BPC.
5.6 Nothing to report.
6.1 Clerk reported on fireworks party.
6.2 Cllrs agreed to make donation to each of Marcus Terry and Community Farm, for hosting the event and lending bbq and gas.
7. Clerk vacancy
7.1 Cllrs agreed to replace larger ad in HT.
7.2 Cllrs agreed to meet at 6.00pm on 12th December to consider applications. Interviews hopefully to be held on 17th December.
8.1 Tony thanked Liz for her work on the southern link road enquiry.
8.2 Cllrs agreed no further action at this stage.
9.1 Cllrs to consider options of HALC/NALC (or even SLCC) membership with new clerk, as a source of advice and support.
9.2 Cllrs to consider HALC membership, housing needs survey and contributions towards further archaeological excavations at next meeting.
10. Consultations affecting Breinton
10.1 No consultations at this stage.
11. Environment and Amenities Working Group
11.1 Keith advised that he is still waiting for funds for the excavations.
11.2 Keith will give a short briefing at the commencement of the meeting on 12th December. To invite specific groups.
11.3 Keith will circulate revised text for the interpretation boards.
11.4 Keith will arrange publicity and will give a presentation at the December meeting.
11.5 Tony advised that he was continuing with work on getting the speed restrictions for the lanes in the parish.
12.1 Work for the lengthsman identified – gate post on BT16.
12.2 Clerk to follow up issues with the grit bins.
13.1 Bob advised that the Banbh Farm planning application had been withdrawn and that there are likely to be changes to the proposed development at Eaton View.
13.2 Sugwas Farm – 183570. Cllrs discussed this application and objections will be submitted to the Planning Officer.
13.3 Shangri-La – 183707. Cllrs considered this application and have no comments to make.
14.1 Clerk to respond to planning query.
15. Items for next agenda
15.1 KR briefing on excavation and resume of interpretation boards.
Signed ………………………………. Date ………………….
Date of next Meeting – 12th December 2018