Minutes of the Meeting held via Zoom on 16th September

Present: Anthony Powers (Chairman), Tony Geeson, Jackie Morris, Liz Moraweicka. Lorraine Lewis & Keith Ray were also present until their WiFi connection failed.

In attendance:  PCSO Georgie Boswell, 3 members of public and Emily Godsall (Clerk).

  • Apologies for absence
    • Bob Matthews (Ward Councillor), John Wade
  • Declarations of interest & consider requests for dispensations.
    • None
  • Minutes of meeting 17th June, Action Points & Matters Arising
    • Minutes agreed and were signed on 17th September.
    • Cllrs discussed the action points & any matters arising
  • Clerk’s Report
    • Clerk delivered the financial report providing details of recent transactions, and the bank balance as at 17th August.
    • Cllrs authorised the below payments:
      • HMRC                                                                   £255.34
      • Lengthsman                                                        £305.10
      • Clerk’s salary                                                       £839.51
      • 123 reg domain renewal (DD)                          £14.39
    • On 17th September Cllrs signed the cheques, initialled invoices and bank statements to verify amounts reported.
    • Cllrs agreed to pay the clerks expenses as per the contract
    • Cllrs were updated Cllrs were updated on Mike Gill’s weekly briefings.
  • Other Report
    • Ward Cllr Bob Matthews
      • Chair updated the Cllrs on the Ward Cllrs report with various items including that the application for outline planning permission for the Three Elms development is imminent.
    • Police report
      • Cllrs were updated with the latest police report.
      • PCSO Boswell attended the meeting and informed Cllrs of updates on recent incidents
      • Cllrs’ concerns on speeding along Kings Acre Road and ‘close passing’ of cyclists  are to be referred onto Traffic Management Advisor Ian Connolly.
    •  Footpaths
      • No report
    •  Village Hall
      • The meeting was updated on the report previously circulated to Cllrs
      • Village Hall Chair Phil Chapman informed Cllrs the village hall had received a grant due to the Covid 19 situation. Phil Chapman also thanked the Parish Council for their comments on planning application 202203.
  • Clerk Expenses
    •  Cllrs agreed to pay the Clerk expenses for all incurred expenditure, mileage and an annual sum of £100 for light, heat and electricity as stated in the contract of employment.
  • Dispensations, Asset Register & Risk Assessment
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the Dispensations
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the proposed updates to the Asset Register
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the Risk Assessment, noting that forthcoming wording from NALC on Covid-19 would be added when available
  • Standing Orders & Financial Regulations
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the proposed corrections and minor changes to Standing      Orders
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the proposed corrections to Financial Regulations
  • GDPR Privacy Policy
    • Cllrs considered and accepted the GDPR Privacy Policy for the website, noting that the      council is fully compliant with 2018 GDPR regulations and NALC recommendations
  • Breinton Charities
    • The meeting was updated on the report from Phillip Eyles
    • Tony Geeson to pass report on to the Herefordshire Community Land Trust with Phillip Eyles’ permission and suggest HCLT discuss future options with the Trustees.
  • Public Consultations Affecting Breinton
    • Cllrs agreed the Chair’s response to the MHCLG Planning White Paper Consultation to be submitted to NALC before the 17th September deadline, and to MHCLG for its October deadline.
    • No update on the Herefordshire Transport Strategy Review since Cllr John Harrington’s July letter.
  • Environment & Amenities Working Group
    • The meeting was informed that the Breinton Common Interpretation board has been installed and has received positive comments.
  • Lengthsman
    • No bid was submitted for the Lengthsman Drainage grant as no works in the parish were suitable for the requirements.
    • Clerk to ask the lengthsman for a quote to repair the broken glass in the KAR notice board.
    • Clerk to send a letter to landowners reminding them of their responsibility to clear mud from the road
  • Planning
    • The meeting was updated on the recent planning decisions.
    • 202507 16 Four Acres, Hereford HR4 0SH – Cllrs discussed the application and agreed to submit a response which refers to the Tree Wardens report and to advise against removing hedgerows.
    • 202499 Land adjacent to Galen House, Cherry Orchard, Kings Acre Road, Hereford – The application response was deferred and delegated to the clerk due to two Cllrs being aware of information relating to the application.
  • Correspondence
    • Liz Moraweicka proposed approval of the expenditure for Nepeta to carry out the necessary works to ensure the website is compliant with WCAG 2.1 before the deadline: seconded by Jackie Morris
    • Cllrs unanimously approved the expenditure to Nepeta
  • Items for next agenda
    • Precept, Village Hall Payments, Fireworks Party

Signed ……………………………….                                                                    Date  ……………………………..

Chair/Vice chair

Date of next Meeting: 14th October 20